Anyway, moving onto today's topic. For those of you who keep an eye on my blog Facebook page (click HERE) you may have seen a status saying that I've been asked to speak at a Fashion Show in February about my journey so far as a fashion blogger (I am so excited and cannot thank Sorcha Browne enough for asking me to do this. Check out her design page HERE). I've never had a major fear of public speaking but this will be my first ever time talking about something that's so close to my heart so of course I have a few natural nerves going on :P So whilst looking at some things to talk about, I came up with this post. I'll be posting in detail on one step per week to take when creating a fashion blog or any sort of blog for that matter. Don't forget that this is just my take on it and what worked for me so don't feel like you have to follow it! Just over a year ago I started to pay an interest in the world of blogging and began to look at some blogs and other social networks that were gaining popularity. My journey began on Tumblr.
Step 1: Research and Development
I had been hearing about tumblr from a lot of people and heard that it was a great platform to start from. The initial creation of my account was hard because I wasn't very aware of what to do. I didn't know how to make it suit my personality but I enlisted the help of my best friend, Jean (she's really the brains behind it all!) and together, we were able to come up with a name, template, colour scheme and concept. She was then able to show me how it actually worked :P Through tumblr, I was able to get an impression of all the bloggers I followed just from the pictures that they were posting and sharing. It was a simple step to take and I found that it helped me create a routine and to understand how blogging worked, without going too deep too fast. Be sure to do some research and come up with a name that you'll like and not get sick off. My blog name reflects my personal style (glamour girl with an edge :P) and my love for Lady Gaga ;) It takes time to build up an image and changing it halfway through will just make it more complicated and time consuming.
So that would be my advice. Join a site that you're not already apart of and start researching. They say that the world wasn't created in one day and neither is a blog. Take time to research and develop your own style and ideas. And, don't be afraid to ask for help!
Much Love,
Shannon.
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment