![]() |
| All I've been doing with my time is baking...... |
1. My Grandmother use to work for some Spanish Duke's (or some sort of political Spanish figure's) ex-wife. When my Dad was younger, he spent years in this huge mansion that belonged to a divorcee. Her name was Mrs Greenlaw and she had returned from Europe to London after her ex-husband had died. She had two adopted girls and my Nan was the housekeeper (what they called a personal assistant back then). During the summers, she would bring my Dad with her to the mansion. Mrs Greenlaw grew quite fond of my father and ended up asking them both to move in with her. They said NO?!!?! But it turned out to be for the better. She was a very intense woman. She had a huge ballet studio installed in her house so that her two daughters could train everyday. My Dad says that to this day, it was the most beautiful room he had ever seen. The eldest daughter became an successful actress and the youngest daughter became a ballet dancer and joined the Russian Ballet. Mrs Greenlaw adopted another little girl but for some bazaar reason, announced that she was giving her back two weeks into the adoption. My Grandmother ended up adopting the little girl who is now my auntie Lorraine. I never found out what happened to Mrs Greenlaw but when my Nan died, I was left some of the jewelry given to her by Greenlaw.
2. My Mum use to holiday with two french Designers in Paris! Yes, you have read correctly. The woman use to vacay abroad with these two designers. Do you think she remembers their names? No of course not................ they could be Dolce and Gabanna for all we know!!! But anyway. She met them through a friend. Lets call her Kim. Kim had a rich boyfriend at the time who needed to go to Paris for a business trip. Kim didn't want to be left alone while he was working so he said that she could bring a friend, my Mum. they drove from London, to the ferry and to Paris in a convertible Porsche (good for some) and stayed with the two men Kim's BF was working for, the designers. My Mum says that they were so down to earth and extremely modern. They stayed there for a week. I'm still picking her brain to see if there's any chance that she'll remember their names. I could totally be working for D&G right now......
3. My Mum use to work in the London College of Fashion. I know right..... convenience that she's left that job. She wanted to "explore" the world. Yeah great job Mother you got as far as Ireland! Wishing that she still worked there. That way there would actually be a chance that I would be able to afford the course. I think she use to work in admissions or in the students files office. She can't really remember that either :P
4. Both my parents know the editor of Bridal Magazine in London. This is the only story that is of any help to me at the moment :P Irony that the editors name is Bridie (I laughed so much). She was apart of the group of friends my parents had when they started going out. We're trying to get her number and actually get in contact with her so fingers crossed!! How good would it look on your CV to say that you worked for a London based magazine. I think it's pretty exciting!
So there you have it. Some pretty big things that I didn't know about my parents until recently. As for me, I'll be doing a Level 6 in Fashion Industry Practice in the GTI come September. Maybe I'll then take a year out to work and save up to do the course in London. Hopefully it will all work out. All I know for now is that I love what I've started and that I'm going to make sure that I love it just as much whenever I finish. Lord knows what the future holds. But I guess that's what makes life worth living.
Much Love,
Shannon.
xoxo






No comments:
Post a Comment