I've been promising this for a while now so seeing that I have a few days off, I thought I'd do it. Like all you lovely ladies, I have a bit of a sweet tooth for jewelry. I don't necessarily wear a lot of it but I do love having a bit of a collection. Most of my collection consists of costume jewelry from Penneys (Primark), New Look, Topshop, etc. I don't really have a lot of expensive jewelry but I have a decent handful of the sentimental kind.
I store most of it in a drawer next to my wardrobe and I use a nail on the frame of my bathroom door to hold all my long chains to prevent them from getting tangled.
The majority of my sentimental jewelry was passed down to me by my grandmother on my dad's side. She lived with us for the last seven years of her life and died three years ago this May. Those of you who are regular visitors on my Facebook page would probably know that her and I were particularly close. Every Friday night we would have a pampering evening and would often clean her jewelry together. I was lucky enough to inherit my favorite pieces from her collection. Here are some of the pieces she gave me along with a few other all time favorites!
1. The silver bracelet was a gift from my friend in London for my 18th Birthday. It's the only bracelet that I wear every single day.
2. These diamond and sapphire earrings were one of the things left to me by my granny.
3. This Swarovski and pearl chain was another 18th birthday gift from my Aunt and Uncle.
4. This locket was given to me at Christmas by my boyfriend. The pictures inside are from my Debutant ball in 2012.
5. This gold bangle was bought for me by my granny on my mum's side just before she died when I was three months old. It was given to me on my 15th Birthday. It has a little message engraved on the inside that says "To Shannon love Nan".
Follow me on:
I really like your hand-me-downs collection; they’re not only beautiful vintages, but they also hold a special memory with the person who gave them to you. Those sapphire with diamond earrings are totally gorgeous. I would love to see you wearing them along with your other favorite pieces.
ReplyDeleteDann Hires @ McCarty's Jewelry
Thanks very much. The earrings are one of my favourites!
Delete